Une annonce pour un poste de linguiste informaticien pour la société Ivona Software, qui est un centre de R&D d'Amazon Europe, basée à Gdansk (Pologne). Le poste est pour 9 à 18 mois, avec une possibilité de CDI. Il est réservé aux francophones natifs. Date limite de candidature: 30 novembre.
Job Location: Gdansk, Poland
Web Address: https://www.ivona.com/
Job Title: French TTS linguist
Job Rank: French TTS linguist; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology
Required Language(s): French (fra)
French TTS linguist
IVONA Software is one of Amazon’s top notch development centers. IVONA researches, develops and delivers cutting edge multi-language Text to Speech technology, leading in voice quality, accuracy and ease of use.
As part of our development team you will work within the Amazon Digital Products department. This department has developed significant digital businesses including Amazon MP3, Amazon Video on Demand, IMDB, Amazon Fire TV, the Kindle Fire and our recently released Amazon Echo.
IVONA is a team of creative people who successfully combine passion and ambition in creating one of the best speech synthesizers in the world, and now are one of the most visible teams within Amazon where you will get the chance to have a huge influence on making a positive impact on customers all over the globe.
At Amazon, we take pride in building complete end-to-end solutions, staring from researching a problem, implementing the solution, building a scalable and reliable service and ensuring the service is there when you need it.
This position is based at IVONA headquarters in Gdansk, Poland.
As a TTS Linguist you will work alongside Software Developers who are subject matter experts in speech synthesis and related fields. You are expected to have solid knowledge of linguistics, in particular knowledge of phonetics/phonology. You will be working on a variety of tasks to improve natural language processing of TTS (text-to-speech). You will actively collaborate with Software Developers with linguistic expertise throughout the whole language and voice building process at Ivona/Amazon.
Project duration: 9-18 months, with the strong possibility of turning the position into a permanent one.
The tasks include:
- Normalizing textual resources through regular expressions.
- Creating natural language test cases for natural language processing modules.
- Labeling text with semantic, syntactic and morphological features
- Annotating lexicon entries according to guidelines.
- Producing / validating phonetic transcriptions for French.
- QA of TTS voices and linguistic data.
- Native speaker of French.
- Degree in Linguistics, with specialization in Phonology, Computational linguistics or similar.
- Solid knowledge of regular expressions.
- Solid knowledge of phonetics and phonology.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux command line tools.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python).
- Familiarity with software version control tools (e.g. Git).
- Ability to create / fix phonetic transcriptions for French.
- Solid communication skills.
- Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies related to foreign languages, linguistics, phonetics, phonology and language technology.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
*Notice that job description at application link may be slightly different; please ignore any differences.
Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2015
Web Address for Applications: http://www.amazon.jobs/jobs/346629